Before you can start thinking about getting rid of bed bugs you must be sure you actually have them in the first place! There are a few very common signs that you can look out for regarding bed bugs that will almost immediately tell you that you have an infestation. It you do, then removing the bed bugs becomes a vital thing to do, especially if you are a hotel owner. Even if you are not, bed bugs can be harmful if left untouched so it’s best to get rid of them as quickly as possible. Even if it is just because the thought of sharing your bed with them every night isn’t very pleasant!
Bed Bug Infestation Signs
- Usually bed bugs will only jnfest a small part of a house or hotel – the sleeping areas. If you or anyone sleeping in your house is regularly complaining of bites then this could be the cause.
- Lok at the bed and surrounding area for bed bugs as closely as possible. You should also look out for their eggs.
- Often the eggs or bugs themselves are found in small cracks or crevices, or even folds in the duvet
- If you see red spots on the duvet then this may be a sign of the bugs
Once you are certain that you have a bed bug infestation then you need to create a solid plan for removal. There is no need at this point to throw at furniture, this is probably a waste of time anyway as the bugs usually infest the area surrounding the furniture or bed as well.
- Pingback: Removing Bed Bugs Guide | Bed Bugs Removal on February 18, 2009
- Trackback: DEAN on June 30, 2010
- Trackback: Alexander7 on July 20, 2011